Thursday, July 19, 2007

Serengeti on the horizon

We're leaving tomorrow morning for the Serengeti and to see the Ngorongoro Crater. We'll be out camping for two nights so I'm hoping that the hyenas won't eat me. =) Our friend Hannah who was with us on our program actually became a lot sicker over the last week (an allergic reaction to the malaria medication) so she is on a flight back home today and we're all pretty sad. Nonetheless, our weekend should be a lot of fun. Apparently they sell bumper stickers there so I'm looking to pick up some of those. For example - "I <3 Wildebeests."

The last few days we've just been on campus a lot - we had a test this morning for our class and we have a paper to write for our class on TZ government - so nothing too exciting. That will all be over soon and then I have a bit more time to just sit back and relax before coming home. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun things to talk about when I get back so look for an entry early next week. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg! have fun! Don't get eaten!! It's a little bit scary but mostly just unbelievably cool.

Also, would you mind picking me up a tanzanian flag bumper sticker if you see them around anywhere? i'll definitely send you money when you get back.

i hope you're having an amazing time, and stay healthy!!! (I got malaria. it sucked).

love. C