Monday, July 16, 2007

Natural Beauty

The last two nights I think I've seen the most beautiful sunsets I have ever witnessed. The first was from a beach on Lake Victoria. My friends and I sat enjoying a local Tanzanian beer (Safari) while the sun fell before us down into the depths of the lake in the most brilliant shades of orange and red that you can imagine. We had some odd company, a local Afrikaner man from South Africa (which is a whole 'nother story), but it was a spectacular experience nonetheless.

Last night we took a boat ride out onto the lake to see the sunset once again. We coasted along between some of the islands and rock formations on the lake to take in our surroundings. Once again the sun fell with nothing to impede our view of this amazing natural occurance. I only hope I can see another sunset like this before leaving Mwanza. I've certainly got some great pictures, but no pictures or words can quite capture the beauty of the fading sun on Lake Victoria.

No comments: